SOUTH KOREA (REPUBLIC OF KOREA)
CAPITAL CITY: Seoul
POPULATION: 51.141 million (2013)
LANGUAGE: Korean; Hangeul
RELIGION: Buddhism 10, 726, 000 (43%); Protestantism 8,616,000 (34.5%); Roman Catholic 5, 146,000 (20.6%); Other 483, 000 (1.9%)
A PIECE OF SOUTH KOREA:
South Korea, officially known as the Republic of Korea, is known as one of the most vibrant rich cultures in the world, and attracts many tourists to its historical colorful gardens and palaces.
Although conflicts and confrontations have raged between the two Koreas across the DMZ for over sixty-five years, an atmosphere of dialogue and exchange and cooperation was fostered temporarily between the two countries following the Summits held in 2000 and 2007. However, there is tension along the DMZ at present due to the North’s continuing threats and provocations. Despite this, South Korea copes flexibly with all outbreaks of tension on the Korean Peninsula by continuing dialogue and cooperation to maintain peace with neighboring countries. As such, South Korea may be claimed to be one of the safest countries in the world.
At present, South Korea is striving to transform itself into a global economic system. Although the country accomplished rapid growth within a short period of time, this led to the problem of an imbalance in the development of large businesses due to the implementation of an economic policy that was heavily dependent on the export of large enterprises. As such, the need for shared growth was singled out as a potential solution to the problem. The issue emerged as a problem that would have to be resolved at the international level amid the global economic crisis in 2008.
Korea is a country where all the world’s major religions— Christianity, Buddhism, Confucianism and Islam—peacefully coexist with shamanism. Given the great diversity of religious expression, the role of religion in South Korea’s social development has been complex, and some traditions are best understood as important cultural properties rather than as rites of worship. Since its arrival in Korea in 372, Buddhism has produced several tens of thousands temples across the country and currently has more adherents than any other religion.
CHALLENGES FOR PRAYER:
- Current outbreak of MERS
- International Relations/Tension
- LBGT advocates
Father God, we give You all the honor and all the glory for Your mercy and grace over us. Lord, we thank You for Your continual watch over Dr. Cerullo and Mama. We thank You for favor in their endeavors across the nations! We thank You for health and vitality in their bodies! Thank You Father God for the ministry of Dr. Cerullo and for the anointing You have placed over his life to impart into others.
Father God, as Dr. Cerullo, Mama, and the MCWE team prepares to hold meetings, conferences, and crusades in Your name we ask, Father, that Your Spirit go before them and prepare the ground they are about to enter.
- Pray for the pastors, evangelists, missionaries, teachers, and all that attend every meeting to receive an experience and receive spiritual breakthrough!
- Pray for hearts to be opened and willing to receive the gift of salvation!
- Pray for strongholds, generational curses, and yokes to be broken!
- Pray for addictions to be broken!
- Pray for healing and restoration, in the mighty Name of Jesus!
- Pray that the anointing continue to flow before, during, and after the meetings have concluded.
- Pray for the fire of God to be ignited and re-ignited deep within the spirit of all who attend. Pray that it continue to burn stronger and brighter every day and that it may spread across the nations like wildfire, in the mighty Name of Jesus!
Father God, we lift up South Korea to You! Lord, we thank You for the work You have already started in this nation and for what You will do! We thank You for the doors You are opening for people to receive Jesus Christ as their Lord and savior! Thank you for raising up Nationals to take up the call to reach the lost in their own nation.
- Father God, we pray for the leadership in South Korea, that You may give them godly wisdom and discernment. We pray that You speak to them in dreams and visions that they may receive Jesus Christ as their Lord and savior.
- We pray for restoration and healing over the people.
- Pray for the strongholds and generational curses to be broken.
- Pray for the spirit of idolatry to be bound and sent back to the pit of hell.
- Pray for an outpouring of God’s love over the Korean nations!
- Pray for boldness in the physical and spiritual realms.
- Pray for unity and restoration between families, parents, and children.
- Pray for a blood covering over the youth. Pray for the fire of God to ignite their passion to pursue Him with their whole heart, mind, and soul!
Father we thank You for the manifestation of Your Presence in South Korea! We thank You for the grace and mercy over this nation! We thank You that You are raising up apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors, and teachers in South Korea that will equip Your saints in ministering Your Word to the nations!
We declare and decree that South Korea belongs to Jesus! In the mighty Name of Jesus!